Live to Die

To me in a dream , a man came. He asked me how I wanted to die. I told him , "See , we all live to die someday for death ain't a human choice. I , for one , don't mind death. For life is iridescent. It shines brightly and luminously over some and some fall into it's dark depths with no or very little light to be seen."

He said , "I see. But I want no philosophy. For death is a fact you cannot deny nor can the truths of life you defy. I want to know how you'd want to go if death may befall you tonight. Would you want it to be a silent surprise , painless experience or panicking in fright ?

I took my time , replied without a rhyme. "Now that I think about it , I've died more than once. Everytime I remember the deceased , I die within. The friend with endless stories , with whom those precious memories I share. I die every moment I know I can't have him back. The heart that remembers and will cherish him forever is what I hold."

"I die inside everytime I let someone down. I know I could've rather fulfilled them , but I couldn't. That feeling when you do something that saddens someone is painful. I just want to delete that moment from my life , but it just doesn't work that way now , does it ?"

"I die everytime I get the feeling that I could have done better. It's hard , that one. I must move on and live on. But that just how life generally goes , I guess."

"I die painfully every moment. Everytime I think of the one I love. The moment I know I can never have her , it pains me. I know she doesn't see it that way , but I can't get her out of my head. For every single one of such moments , it pains me. But I can't confess it to her nor can I share this pain with somebody. This feeling kills me every moment. Even my emotional disconnection thing fell to pieces, for hers is the charm I feel irresistible. I cannot but tell her how I feel but only regret. I drench my heart with my tears of pain whenever I see her picture. My soul cries every other night that I think about her , though it looks like it's the sad songs , but it's her beauty that feels my heart with this eternal sorrow."

"And , finally , for the physical answer to your question. I want a rather painless fast death. For life has so many ways to kill you, it hardly needs pain to back the final tragedy. Most people have the same theory. It's a painful cycle called life , as most people usually die on an emotional basis everyday. I'll end my answer here."

The man said , "You've given me what I seek , for it's a complex answer , though yours might seem of an effort so meek. After all you've told me , I understand the human suffering that's more mental , that people should at least be let down real gently."

Then he said I take your leave now , and picked up his stuff and took a deep bow.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Angel of Death

A Letter to Samantha

Festivals and Happiness